UK policy concerning Ukrainians in, or coming to, the UK
30 March 2022
The UK government has announced several new immigration routes for Ukrainians to come to the UK. These policies are in development and further information is likely to be revealed over the coming days.
UK government guidance and announcements
The government has revealed details of new routes and visa concessions for Ukrainians in the UK or seeking to come to the UK. These are:
- The Ukraine Family Scheme route for individuals with family in the UK. Details on how to apply under the scheme are now available.
- The Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme route for individuals without family in the UK. Details on how to apply for a visa under Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme are available online. Details on registering as a sponsor under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme have also been published by the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.
- Information and visa options for Ukrainians already in the UK including the Ukraine Extension Scheme which will enable those already in the UK to apply to extend their stay. This Scheme opens 3 May 2022.
We encourage regularly checking the Home Office webpage and Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities webpage for further updates, as these policies are developing.
Other useful resources
Below is a list of organisations and resources providing further information on visas and immigration for Ukrainians.
- Advice Ukraine Project UK - free immigration advice for Ukrainians.
- Work Rights Centre - more information on routes to the UK and other countries.
- Ukraine: UK Immigration Concessions by the House of Commons Library.
- Migration and the Ukraine Crisis by the Migration Observatory.
You might also be interested in our new information on how you can support Ukrainian refugees, including donations, housing, offers of expertise and more.