Working with new migrants to develop their skills and opportunities to find work and be part of the local community, in West Yorkshire and parts of North Yorkshire
Connecting Opportunities has now closed.
Please see below, some website links to information on some other services that may provide you with support or information.
- If you are a new refugee, our Refugee Integration Service
- If you are from Ukraine, please visit our Ukraine Hub
- If you are from Hong Kong, please visit our Hong Kong Hub
- If you are looking for English language support, please visit the Learning English in Yorkshire and Humber website
- If you are a refugee, looking for mental health and wellbeing support please visit Solace’s website
Connecting Opportunities has been a really successful programme in supporting many people on their journey into work and training, raising confidence, aspirations and giving people hope. The project has been running since 2017 and so far has supported 1,648 migrants. You can find more information as part of our Final Evaluation report here.
We've produced a film with Studio Bokehgo talking with participants and staff about how Connecting Opportunities has improved the lives of so many migrants - you can view the film here: