Archive copies of welcome packs
CHIP project welcome packs: 2003
'Welcome to: [Hull, Leeds, Rotherham, and Wakefield] – advice for refugees about services available' is a series of welcome packs based on a template developed by the Safehaven Community Housing and Inclusion [CHIP] Project in 2003. The CHIP project worked with other agencies in each area to produce the packs. Much of the information will now be out of date, but we've listed them here so that organisations wanting to produce welcome packs of their own can see examples of what's already been done, how information was presented and so on.
Content - main headings
- housing and accommodation
- emergency services 999
- health information
- eduction for adults
- information for families
- general advice and information
- Hull Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, Kurdish, Pushto, Turkish.
- Leeds Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Kurdish, Portuguese.
- Rotherham Albanian, Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Portuguese.
- Sheffield English. A 2005 version of this pack is available in Amharic, Arabic, Farsi, French, Portuguese, Pushto, Somali and Sorani at the bottom of the following web page www.sheffield.gov.uk/libraries/usingthelibrary/communitylanguages/resources
- Wakefield English, Farsi, French, Kurdish, Turkish.
Migration Yorkshire has a central archive of these welcome packs. So if you'd like copies of the packs in pdf format, or if you know of other Yorkshire and Humber welcome packs for migrants [current packs or archive material] that we can list on these web pages, please get in touch with us:
Website and Information Manager
Phone 0113 395 2435
Page last updated: 11/09/2013 17:02:15
Back to top Print this page