Intelligence and research
One of the main roles of Migration Yorkshire is to collate and share information about the nature and impacts of migration in Yorkshire and Humber. This helps service providers plan services effectively and ensures that migrant groups are addressed in local strategies. We also contribute to more informed discussions about migration, as people have well-sourced information about migrant groups in their area.
What do we do?
- Provide frequent migration updates on items such as new policy announcements, national statistics, recently published reports, and briefings on key topics.
- Produce local migration profiles to enable our key stakeholder organisations to plan services.
- Facilitate the MIST network, a Yorkshire and Humber group for people interested in migration statistics.
- Monitor overall trends and characteristics of asylum seekers in Yorkshire and Humber, for partner organisations involved in the delivery of asylum accommodation.
- Highlight awareness of local migration studies through our online migration research database
What are our key intelligence and research priorities for this year?
- Continue to be a central point of information about migration in Yorkshire and Humber, with an increasingly local focus.
- Keep providing relevant, up-to-date statistics to our partners, and increase expertise in handling migration data.
- Extend our networks, and engage new service providers across the region.
- Support discussions about future migration services, by providing relevant and accessible information.
To find out more about our intelligence and research role, or about migration data for the region, contact:
Pip Tyler, Policy and Research Manager
Phone: 0113 395 2438
- Local migration profile FAQ - an introduction to local migration profiles and the regional migrant databank
- Introduction to migration statistics
Page last updated: 29/09/2011 14:45:53
Back to top Print this page