Organisation details - BEACON [Bradford Ecumenical Asylum Concern]
BEACON [Bradford Ecumenical Asylum Concern]
Phone 01274 727 525 or 01274 721 626
Out of hours phone 07531 576 330 [McKenzie Friends only]
Fax 01274 395 324
BEACON was set up out of a shared concern to address the practical and spiritual needs of the many asylum seekers in the Bradford district. It is a Christian faith organisation that seeks to work with other faith groups and secular agencies to offer care and support to asylum seekers. Beacon's current projects are:
- McKenzie Friends are trained volunteers who provide moral support and informed help for those, without access to legal representation, appealing against asylum decisions at Phoenix House, the Asylum Hearings Centre at Thornbury, or wishing to make a fresh claim.
- CHAT [Care and Hospitality at Thornbury] Volunteers offer a warm welcome and simple refreshments to asylum seekers waiting for their appeals to start at Phoenix House.
- BEACON Hosting Project Offers short, medium and sometimes longer term accommodation within the homes of volunteer hosts, to asylum seekers who are destitute or who have critical housing needs.
- BEACON Campaigning Campaigns on asylum issues and awareness raising.
- Our office is not open to the public. For more information about Beacon, please contact our Development Worker using the phone number or email address at the top of the page.
- The Hosting Project only accepts referrals from other local agencies working with asylum seekers and refugees.
We cover the following areas Bradford
voluntary sector or charity
AccessibilityAccessible to wheelchair users No
Disclaimer Inclusion in our A-Z of organisations does not mean that the organisation, its service or the content of its website are endorsed by Migration Yorkshire. We try to keep our A-Z as up to date as possible, but please check with the organisation listed to ensure that the details shown here are still correct.